Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Weekend - Hardest Weekend of the Year to spend without a Significant Sports Team


I’m going through a rough time with my relationship to the sporting world. So far this weekend I have not watched one sporting event. Recent Maryland Terrapin Basketball losses have been dragging me down, I thought this year’s Ravens team was the one, and I really was convinced that they were going to the Super Bowl, but then those dreams quickly came crashing down once the second half kicked in against the Steelers. The dissapointment of local sports teams has given me a sports heartbreak. This weekend, I’ve been trying to break off my love affair with sports, but everything I do keeps reminding me of what I’m missing. Tonight I picked up a few various NECCO Candy Sweethearts and each one reminds me of sports…


PURR FECT – Ohio State Basketball team – You no longer have a perfect season after the loss to Wisconsin today. You’ve been dumped. You just lost your sweet lady # 1 spot to Mr. Kansas.

LOVE BIRD – Vladimir Guerrero, you are going to help fill up some seats at Camden Yards, at least for the first couple weeks of the season. Many are looking forward to watching these new Birds come April.



BEAR HUG - Steelers Big-Bearded Brett Keisel, you need a giant bear hug after that Super Bowl loss…literally, a hug from a giant bear.



HEAT WAVE – Miami’s hot – Heat, you are on a roll. You’ve won 8 in a row – will the Celtics be engulfed by your flames or will they stop, drop, and roll past you guys at 1PM tomorrow?


SUNSHINE – Tom Brady.


HOME SICK – Come on wizards, you’ve been in D.C for 37 years now, it’s time for you to leave the nest, get your stuff out of the Southeast Division basement in D.C, move out and get a win on your own now on the road…You are 0-25 on the road - Come on guys! - Get a road win tomorrow - Cleveland's a great place to start. But watch out - Clevelands hot... They just won a game and ended their 26 game overall losing streak.

I’ve had enough, I’m tearing up, I need to get back to watching sports, I can’t go on without them. I’m turning on the TV, Wichita State vs. Northern Iowa at 11:30 at night… You've never looked so beautiful. I missed you sports. Happy Valentines weekend sports fans. I hope everyone's significant sports teams have been winning and treating everyone right. If not, there are many other big games in the sea.

- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Sunday Feb 13 1PM
- Washington Wizards AT Cleveland Cavaliers Feb 13 6PM

No comments:

Post a Comment