Monday, February 28, 2011

NBA

After having a rather in depth conversation concerning the NBA with Boston Ben, soon to be sharing his thoughts with us on the Blogway, I have decided to write a little bit about the NBA.

We all know that the NBA is very different than the NCAA. Most people enjoy watching the NCAA more, and I cant say that I blame them, but I have grown rather fond of the NBA. I think it took appreciating the talent that is the NBA. If you think about how good of a basketball player you need to be in order to play in the NBA, even just sit on the bench and never play a lick, it is pretty incredible. Most people want to discount the NBA because they feel that there is no effort given or defense played, and I used to think this too, until I realized that they really are playing defense, it just doesnt seem like it because most players on the court are incredibly proficient at scoring no matter if the defense is solid or not. Watch an NBA team warm up during their shoot-around and you won't see many misses. Its just talent, really really good athletes. Think about it, theres only about 14 players per team tops. Theres roughly only about 400 players in the NBA. And half of those guys actually play. Compare these numbers to the number of players on each NFL team. My point is that the chances of being good enough to play in the NBA are super super low, lowest of all the major sports, so the talent is unreal and worth watching. Give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment