Friday, February 25, 2011

Ravens vs. Skins

This post is inspired by my colleague, Ryan Hyde, a rabid Redskins fan. A week or two ago he told me I should write a post about Albert Haynesworth. I believe his comment was spurred by the following news report...

"D.C. police are investigating an allegation that Washington Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth sexually assaulted a waitress at the W Hotel in Washington over the weekend. Haynesworth, identified as Subject 1, tried to give the waitress his credit card and asked if he could place it in her blouse. The waitress nodded, and Haynesworth placed the card into her blouse and began caressing her breast, the report says."

I was not about to write about Big Al. However, it made me realize that the teams' two nose tackles are a microcosm of the two franchises. Haynesworth is an overpaid lug who complains constantly, underperforms and gets in trouble off the field every other week. Haloti Ngata on the other hand recently made his second straight pro-bowl, received the Ravens' franchise tag and is the quintessential family man. The Redskins acquired Haynesworth through free agency while the Ravens drafted Ngata in the first round of the 12th pick of the 2006 NFL draft.

I wear my Ngata jersey with pride and sport my purple and black knowing that I am supporting a team of players who love the game, support their community and always...

No comments:

Post a Comment