Monday, March 14, 2011

Still Cheering

Today's blog for me was a tough choice. There were two things rather prevalently on my mind, but I feel like talking about Tiger Woods.

The majors are quickly coming upon us. You can see commercials for the Masters already and I for one am pretty excited. Golf reminds me of warm weather and relaxation, so, its pretty easy to get excited for it. But other tournaments are still going on and Tiger is still out there playing. Im glad that the press has subsided quite a bit concerning his saga. Im not the only one, but yeah, I was pretty disappointed that the whole thing happened. Not that we need to revisit it, but, he was in most of our eyes a pretty perfect guy. Well spoken, amazing work ethic, charming, and absolutely dominant at his sport. Then he made mistakes and people now either hate him or accept his humanness and move on. I tend greatly towards the latter. I know this because I still really want him to win. Ive talked to Adam about this before, but its crazy how back before his sexual misconduct, he went into every single tournement as the favorite by a long shot, and he was never the underdog...but I still wanted him to win. I wanted him to win every single tournement. If he literally did win every single tournement, I would consider it great and exciting. You would think that maybe because of what he did, this wouldnt remain the same, but the truth is I am absolutely pulling for him this major season. I hope he starts it off by going into the Masters and starting over. His first win was at the Masters, and maybe another win will be some kind of rebirth. I think this story as terrible as it is, can still be beautiful. He is such a major figure and I sure do hope that he was sincere in his apologies. People make mistakes, and I know this well. You've just gotta live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment