Monday, April 4, 2011

O's are

4-0

Does

Jim Palmer, Mike Cuellar, Dave McNally, Pat Dobson

sound like?

Jeremy Guthrie, Brian Matuscz, Chris Tillman, Jake Arrieta, Zach Britton

....my optimism says maybe.

go O's


Also, Earl Weaver threw out the first pitch today for the O's. He in the winningest manager in O's history and became the O's manager at age 35. Many players who played under him say he was the hardest manager to get along with but they would never play under anyone else. Catcher and later manager for the O's, Johnny Oates has this quote. "I played for Earl for 6 years and he only said two things to me. I told Earl I was ready to play if our starting catcher wasn't able and he responded by saying "fat chance of that". Later on when I was traded to the Indians he said to me "Have fun in Cleveland".

Maybe not the most charming guy but he got it done for the O's.

No comments:

Post a Comment